In recognition of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration, Santa Ana District Office, is pleased to announce the following awardees will be honored at the 53rd Annual Small Business Week Awards on Tuesday, May 3rd at the Disneyland Hotel Grand Ballroom:
- Martha Daniel, President, Information Management Resources, Inc. – 2016 Small Business Person of the Year (Aliso Viejo)
- Tuan Van Nguyen, President, Quoc Viet Foods – Finalist, 2016 Small Business Person of the Year (Orange)
- Ali Youssef, Owner/President, USOC Medical, Inc. – Finalist, 2016 Small Business Person of the Year (Irvine)
- David K. Hanson, Jr., President, Hands on Bicycles DBA Jax Bicycle Center – Finalist, 2016 Small Business Person of the Year (Various locations)
- Christopher Kuran, President, Waterstone Faucets – 2016 Region IX Small Business Exporter of the Year (Murrieta)
- Taylor Hale, Chief Executive Officer, Crown Paper Converting – 2016 Family Owned Small Business of the Year (Ontario)
- Venu Sarakki, Chief Executive Officer, Sarakki Associates, Inc. – 2016 8(a) Business Development Program Graduate of the Year (Santa Ana)
- Jay Goth, Executive Director, InSoCalConnect – 2016 Small Business Champion of the Year (Temecula)
- Bekele Demissie, Senior Community & Business Relations Specialist, Orange County Transportation Authority – 2016 Minority Small Business Champion of the Year (Santa Ana)
- Robert V. “Bobby” McDonald, President & Executive Director, Black Chamber of Commerce of Orange County and Member, Orange County Veterans Advisory Council – 2016 Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year (Santa Ana)
- Desiree Patno, Chief Executive Officer, National Association of Women in Real Estate Businesses, 2016 Women in Business Champion of the Year (Irvine)
- Paul Symczak, Executive Director, LaunchPad Small Business Development Center – 2016 Small Business Development Center Excellence & Innovation Award (Aliso Viejo)
The awardees will be recognized and receive their awards at the local Small Business Week Awards program, which will be held this year on Tuesday, May 3, 2016 from 10:30 a.m. until approximately 2:00 p.m at the Disneyland Hotel Grand Ballroom. The event is being hosted by the Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. For more information on the event or to register, please contact email@example.com or call (714) 953-4289.
About Small Business Week
Every year since 1963, the President of the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year. As part of National Small Business Week, the agency takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and champions at local events around the country. Every day, these individuals are working to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitivenes. For more information, please visit www.sba.gov/nsbw.