WHO DO WE SERVE?
- CEOs operating emerging entrepreneurial enterprises with a specialization on those operated by Christian CEOs. Inland Empire based with annual sales in the $500M to $20MM range.
- Non-Profit organizations, government entities and academia with business programs targeting aspiring or existing entrepreneurs.
WHAT GENERAL SERVICES DO WE PROVIDE?
- CEO coaching, either in a group session or in 90 minute one on one session.
- Entrepreneur/CEO teaching, training in the form of college classes, independent workshops, seminars and on-line courses.
- Loan administration, marketing and strategic planning for independent alternative loan programs, (i.e. non-bank).
- Business finance consulting in the form of part time CFO services, commercial loan placements, (bank or non-bank), lender negotiations and or lender exit strategies/work outs.
HOW DO OUR CLIENTS BENEFIT?
- We help CEOs create a vision, create goals and hold them accountable.
- We become a CEO’s mentor/trusted advisor.
- We help CEOs become better leaders and improve their skill set.
- We help nonprofits, government and academia market and execute their general business and lending programs.
- We help CEOs improve their businesses’ cash flow.
- We help CEOs obtain loans to help them grow their businesses.
- We help CEOs negotiate with lenders on loan terms and conditions.
- We help CEOs with lender exit strategies when their business experiences a downturn.
- We help CEOs with general financial management needs through our part time CFO program.
WHAT DO WE CHARGE FOR OUR SERVICES?
- We are flexible. We charge in a variety of ways based on the complexity and length of the coaching/consulting assignment.
- We can charge via an hourly rate, a not to exceed fixed dollar amount or a contingency performance based fee.
- We have a 100% guaranteed satisfaction policy. Upon request, unsatisfied clients will receive a full refund, no questions asked.
WHAT IS OUR CONTACT INFO?
WHO ARE SOME OF OUR PAST AND CURRENT CLEINTS
- David Preuss, CEO, Leabo Foods, Ontario, Ca. 909-923-3060
- Rick Lazar, Coldwell Banker, Redlands, Ca. 951-316-1298
- Luis Mora, CEO, Cuca’s Mexican Restaurants, Redlands, Ca. 909-496-3187
- Dr. Matthew Isaac, Vice Chancellor, Economic Development & Corporate Training San Bernardino Community College District, San Bernardino, Ca, 909-382-4034
- Hilda Kennedy, CEO, AmPac Tri-State CDC, SBA 504, Grand Terrance, Ca, 909-915-1706
ABOUT THE FOUNDER/OWNER, EUGENE E. VALDEZ
I founded The CEO Teachers in 2016 when I left banking to pursue coaching/consulting full time. My mission statement is to increase the level of business finance literacy in the Inland Empire, through all of the services that THE CEO TEACHERS provide. During my 39 year business career, I have observed that many CEOs new or experienced did not possess strong financial management skills and did not know how to successfully relate or negotiate with their commercial bank of record. I believe this issue prevented many businesses from reaching their full potential, caused preventable financial challenges or eventually contributed to their demise.
In my business career I have been both a finance coach/consultant and commercial banking executive. I operated two similar coaching/consulting businesses in the 1990’s for 10 years. As a banker I was a commercial banking executive for several major business banks in Southern California including Bank of California, Wells Fargo and most recently Citizens Business Bank.
As a commercial banker I specialized in serving the needs of privately owned small businesses with annual sales of $1 million to $20 million. These banking years provide me hands on experience on how the “money game works”, an insiders perspective if you will, that I now share with my clients.
I am an experienced teacher/trainer/coach. During my coaching years I have worked with hundreds of CEOs of small businesses. I taught entrepreneurship and business finance as a guest lecturer at USC, Cal Poly Pomona, Cal State San Bernardino, Chaffey College, Mount San Antonio Community College, Riverside Community College and San Bernardino Valley College.
I have appeared on radio and TV as an expert on entrepreneurship and business finance and I also co-authored a book called “How to Obtain a Business Loan from a Bank.” Over the years I have written numerous business articles for the LA Times, San Gabriel Valley Tribune, Ontario Daily Bulletin, Sun Telegram, Riverside Business Press and most recently the Inland Empire Business Daily.
I graduated from USC with an MBA in 1976 and a BA from UCLA in 1974.