Profile | Vincent McCoy
Vincent McCoy, is an experienced small business expert with an ownership and management background in various industries. The past decade he has served the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center as Director and, for a year, as a business consultant. He helps companies and individuals look at the strategic goals, assess the validity of market offerings and determine where the future lies in their business ventures.
Vincent holds a master’s degree in Finance and Marketing from Northeastern University along with a bachelor’s degree in accounting from CSU – Hayward. Prior to joining SBDC in 2000, he worked in software implementation, was an accounting consultant, business manager for an industrial computer company, and owned a rental information service.
A favorite quote for work:
“In order that people be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it.”
Community and Business activity
- Economic Development Council and Downtown Business Council for Greater Riverside Chamber of Commerce.
- Adjunct Faculty – Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship
- Board of Directors/Loan Committee Member for CAMEO
- Enterprise Funding Board of Directors
- Board Member – Arrowhead United Way
- Board Member – Local Planning Council for Riverside County Child Care Consortium, chair of the Strategic Planning and Needs Assessment Committee
- Certified Kauffman FastTrac Facilitator
- Boots to Business Instructor