OC/Inland Empire 2018 SBA Honoree Announced
U.S. Small Business Administration, Orange County / Inland Empire District Office Announces 2018 Small Business Week Honorees
Ten small businesses and champions to be honored during May 11th ceremony in Anaheim
The U.S. Small Business Administration, Orange County / Inland Empire District Office is pleased to announce the following individuals, businesses and organizations will be honored as recipients in the Agency’s annual Small Business Week awards program:
- Small Business Person of the Year – Kristopher Plourde, President, N-Effect/AV; Irvine
- Small Business Person of the Year Runner-up – Judy Ann Greenspon, Founder/CEO, NPI Services, Inc.; Costa Mesa
- 8(a) Business Development Graduate of the Year – Dennis Yum, President, ACCU Construction, Inc.; Santa Ana
- Family-Owned Business of the Year –Mark Peabody, CEO, Peabody Engineering & Supply, Inc.; Corona
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Brian Gomez, President/ CEO, GreenFruits Avocados, LLC; Newport Beach
- Woman Owned Small Business of the Year – Laurie Webster, President, WebSec Corporation; Murrieta
- Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year – Parish Morris, Founder, Veterans Business Action Committee; Murrieta
- Community Excellence Award, Moreno Valley Economic Development Department; City of Moreno Valley
- Micro Business of the Year – Randy Fernando, President/CEO, Property IQ National Settlement Services, Inc.; Anaheim
- SCORE Mentor of the Year, Gary Smith, SCORE-Orange County Chapter
“This year’s class of Small Business Week honorees represent the diversity of industries and individuals that make entrepreneurship the power behind our economy”, says J. Adalberto Quijada, the SBA’s Orange County / Inland Empire District Director. “Their efforts lead to jobs, innovation and stronger communities for us all”. As part of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration takes the opportunity to highlight the contributions made by small business owners and champions to create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness.
The awardees will be recognized and receive their awards at the local Small Business Week Awards program, which will be held on Friday, May 11, 2018 from 10:30 a.m. until approximately 2:00 p.m. at the Disneyland Hotel Grand Ballroom. The event is being hosted by the Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
About the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 and is a Cabinet-level agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. The SBA helps Americans start, build and grow businesses, and recover from disasters. Through an extensive network of field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations, the SBA delivers its services to people throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam. To learn more about SBA, visit www.sba.gov.
About the Orange County / Inland Empire District Office
The Orange County / Inland Empire District Office, under the leadership and vision of J. Adalberto Quijada, District Director, is responsible for the delivery of SBA programs and services in the Southern California counties of Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino. Located in Santa Ana near John Wayne Airport, the office and its staff facilitate understanding and access to SBA loan programs; coordinate and conduct hundreds of training sessions and special events annually such as matchmaking forums and loan workshops; and manage a portfolio of more than 100 businesses enrolled in the agency’s 8(a) business development program.