Event | The OCHCC Annual Estrella Awards April 21, 2018
The Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Announces Winners for Its Annual Black Tie Estrella Awards Fundraising Event
The Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce hosts the Estrella Awards annually to continue assisting the Hispanic business community and to recognize the outstanding contributions in the fields of business, community, and education. Representatives and community leaders from Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Diego counties attend this event and support the Chamber’s overall goals of advancing the Hispanic community.
2018 winners, to be recognized on April 21, 2018 at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, include;
- Corporate Responsibility Award: KIA Motors of America
- Dr. Juan Francisco Lara Education Award: University of California, Irvine
- Business of the Year: Tlaquepaque Restaurant
- Member of the Year: Pablo E. Ortiz – Ortiz Accounting Group
- Community Service Award: Nicholas Academic Centers
- Viola Myre OC Volunteer of the Year: Beatriz Mendoza
- Ambassadors of the Year: Rosie Felix – Neighborhood Insurance Agency – Martin Felix – Neighborhood Insurance Agency
- Community Partner of the Year: Segerstrom Center for the Arts
- Lifetime Achievement Award Dr. Anil Puri – California State University, Fullerton
About the Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Estrella Awards – The HCOC represents the interests of and provides access to Orange County’s 30,000 Hispanic-owned businesses. The Chamber supports the development of these businesses by providing opportunities for networking, legislative advocacy, access to capital, and education and training programs.