Local Entrepreneurs and Business Leaders to be Recognized by the U.S. Small Business Administration for Business, Community Impact
For more than 50 years, the U.S. Small Business Administration has been recognizing the special impact made by outstanding entrepreneurs and small business owners during the National Small Business Week Celebration. Every year since 1963, the President of the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, honoring America’s job creators. More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year.
As part of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration takes the opportunity to highlight the contributions made by small business owners to create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness.
The U.S. Small Business Administration, Santa Ana District Office, is proud to announce the following award winners from throughout Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties:
- Small Business Person of the Year – Cuong “Gary” Nguyen, 24/7 Care at Home; Westminster, CA
- California 8(a) Graduate of the Year* – Rita R. Kalwani, KAL Architects; Irvine, CA
- California Exporter of the Year* – Jales A. DeMello, Aleph Group, Inc.; Riverside, CA
- Family-Owned Business of the Year – Paul Novak, South Coast Mold, Inc.; Irvine, CA
- Financial Services Champion of the Year – James C. Ely, Stultz Financial, Inc.; Newport Beach, CA
- Minority Business Champion of the Year – Mohammed Islam, South Asian Business Alliance Network; Santa Ana, CA
- Veteran Business Champion of the Year – David G. Rothenbuehler, Pacific Mercantile Bank & Rothenbuehler Foundation; Newport Beach, CA
- Women in Business Champion of the Year – Gloria Rull, Asian Business Association of Orange County & Filipino Chamber of Commerce of Orange County; Irvine, CA
“These business owners and small business champions represent some of the best and brightest the Southern California region has to offer,” said District Director J. Adalberto Quijada. “The diversity in businesses and in the honorees are a prime example of what makes our nation great and embodies the spirit of why we celebrate National Small Business Week.”
The Small Business Week honorees from Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties will be recognized at the annual Small Business Week Awards Celebration, hosted this year in partnership with the Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, at an event on Wednesday, June 3rd from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Riverside Convention Center. For ticket or sponsorship information email@example.com